What Coral Do You Most Regret Adding to Your System?

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the ones that said kenya tree. Wouldn't scissors and 5 minutes take care of everything? I have some in my tank, and if one attaches where I don't want it, I just take the good old scissors to it.

Ocean Lotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MUSHROOMS! yesterday I spent I hours tearing down my 75 and put what I did not sell in my 30. The process was extended because I had to eliminate hundreds of sbrooms. They were great for years but once the population hits 100 their reproduction rate is alarming. Killed everything the touch except for frogspawn.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora Spongodes.
I let it spread on my bare bottom and it eventually grew up the front display panel.
Tank is shut down but that skeletal remains is still stuck on the glass and is permanent now!

Wow, that sounds like it would be a real pain to deal with!

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MUSHROOMS! yesterday I spent I hours tearing down my 75 and put what I did not sell in my 30. The process was extended because I had to eliminate hundreds of sbrooms. They were great for years but once the population hits 100 their reproduction rate is alarming. Killed everything the touch except for frogspawn.

That sounds like a monstrous headache.

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great cautionary thread lol.

Xenia. Will never put this in another tank unless it is isolated. You can pull pieces of it out, which is nice, but it is still a pain.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that sounds like it would be a real pain to deal with!

This is the tank drained and I can't even get the dead coral off the glass. It's like cemented on!

IMG_3893.JPG

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a video on them. Green trash palys.

Oh man, that was rough. That seems like it would have been a nightmare! The funny part is that I can’t tell if they are actually named Green Trash Palys or if you’re calling them that because you hate them. Haha

thabizness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my name for them. They are pretty much indestructible.
Oh man, that was rough. That seems like it would have been a nightmare! The funny part is that I can’t tell if they are actually named Green Trash Palys or if you’re calling them that because you hate them. Haha

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_2031-2.jpg

Texas trash is really their name. They look kinda nice, no? They’re the green ones. This is before they smothered all the nice ones near them in this picture.

Pauley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started in the hobby, I got a deal on some used live rock. Cycled it in darkness for 2 weeks before adding it to a brand new tank. Shortly thereafter, I noticed tiny bits of anthelia poking out of the rock. 6 months later, I was trashing most of the rock. I’m pretty sure it would grow in my backyard.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started in the hobby, I got a deal on some used live rock. Cycled it in darkness for 2 weeks before adding it to a brand new tank. Shortly thereafter, I noticed tiny bits of anthelia poking out of the rock. 6 months later, I was trashing most of the rock. I’m pretty sure it would grow in my backyard.

Haha that’s terrible. I can’t believe how many different corals have given so many people trouble.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back