What Coral Do You Most Regret Adding to Your System?

jrwoltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day when I first started out, I had a very empty 75. Like all new tank owners, I was very excited to get some coral in there. A "friend" gave me a small colony of nuclear green palythoa. Well, the colony grew like a weed and didn't stay small for long. It started overgrowing a couple of chalices, grrr. Thing took a majano wand like a champ, and just kept coming back. I am older and hopefully wiser now. Quality over quantity is my new mantra.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got some bubbletip anemones from @Lasse and put them in our 10000 litre reef tank at work. That was a bad idea :) Now they spread everywhere amongst the SPS corals, and burn everything in their way. And not easy to get out.. So if you know a fish eating only bubbletip anemones, please let me know!

So thank you Lasse! ;)

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Star Polyps!

Once they get growing, The grow over EVERYTHING!
Invasive little buggers.

When I first started my second tank (on my third now) I made the mistake of adding these buggers. I ultimately removed half of my live rock to rid the system of it.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just searched for Blue Sympodium photos. It’s a beautiful coral. It’s too bad that it’s was/is so invasive for you.

It’s a must have for me, but it is given its own rock or back wall

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora Spongodes.
I let it spread on my bare bottom and it eventually grew up the front display panel.
Tank is shut down but that skeletal remains is still stuck on the glass and is permanent now!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back