What coral is this???

  • Thread starter Thread starter nanomania
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hmmmmmmm, think it is a Leather Coral.
But if I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me ;)
 
upload_2016-11-30_10-33-49.jpeg


Looks very similar to me.
 
Some Pavona do, some types do not show the same polyp extension. If the structure is calcium carbonate based than I would be inclined to think Pavona, if not they perhaps some type of bryozoans growth.
The image looks to have calcareous corallite structures which lead me to think it's Pavona frondifera.

pavona-cactus-3.jpg
 
Some Pavona do, some types do not show the same polyp extension. If the structure is calcium carbonate based than I would be inclined to think Pavona, if not they perhaps some type of bryozoans growth.
The image looks to have calcareous corallite structures which lead me to think it's Pavona frondifera.

pavona-cactus-3.jpg
Kool..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new