What coral is this?

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

NaCl_h2O2022

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2022
Messages
19
Reaction score
30
Location
new yor
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone!

i need help to define what coral is this on the picture. When i bought it i thought it was a zoa/polys. I’m new on this hobby and my tank is just 2 months old. I appreciate the response. Thank you.
5C537111-8CF8-4C4B-85E1-2248A45E239F.jpeg
5D84DB6E-38A5-42B8-AD41-15421A39D276.jpeg
 
The first one is Gonipora the second looks like a chalice of some sort
 
I count 24 tentacles in the first, so goniopora. Def med-low light but requires good feeding and relatively high nutrients to do well.

2nd is most likely a Favia or Favites. Both LPS.
 
I count 24 tentacles in the first, so goniopora. Def med-low light but requires good feeding and relatively high nutrients to do well.

2nd is most likely a Favia or Favites. Both LPS.
What do you feed with goniopora? The 2nd picture still close when i took the picture. I thought it was a zoa. I will take a picture again when it open. Thank you.
 
What do you feed with goniopora? The 2nd picture still close when i took the picture. I thought it was a zoa. I will take a picture again when it open. Thank you.
In terms of feeding goniopora, a small particle food is what you're looking for. I use a combo of oyster feast and reef chili for target feeding any of my smaller corals that need it. (I also broadcast feed this combo a couple of times a week. Keeps the Acros happy.)
 
In terms of feeding goniopora, a small particle food is what you're looking for. I use a combo of oyster feast and reef chili for target feeding any of my smaller corals that need it. (I also broadcast feed this combo a couple of times a week. Keeps the Acros happy.)
Thank you again for the info.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new