What could be a good neighbor to a Pavona coral?

NoAhoysLeft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange Pavona that seems to be the encrusting type. It's slowly growing over its frag plug which is a good sign, but I still intend to place more corals.

What would be okay to place? Should I look for a green branching/cactus type Pavona for a neighbor? What kind of coral won't fight with the Pavona or would at least minimize harm to it? I am going to keep any flowy wavy softies far away from it.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange Pavona that seems to be the encrusting type. It's slowly growing over its frag plug which is a good sign, but I still intend to place more corals.

What would be okay to place? Should I look for a green branching/cactus type Pavona for a neighbor? What kind of coral won't fight with the Pavona or would at least minimize harm to it? I am going to keep any flowy wavy softies far away from it.
Never seen an orange pavona, any pics?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange Pavona growing right next to a Turbinaria, they’re touching and not bothering each other, though they slowly come closer together so it may influenced their “relationship”.

My green Panvona on the other hand is growing on top of other corals, hanged with a magnet, and doesn’t seem to be able to reach any corals that are right underneath it.

OP
OP
NoAhoysLeft

NoAhoysLeft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen an orange pavona, any pics?
pavonanewyearsdecember2023.png

At least, it was sold to me as Pavona.

Sorry for the ugly tank. Dealing with dinos

OP
OP
NoAhoysLeft

NoAhoysLeft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange Pavona growing right next to a Turbinaria, they’re touching and not bothering each other, though they slowly come closer together so it may influenced their “relationship”.

My green Panvona on the other hand is growing on top of other corals, hanged with a magnet, and doesn’t seem to be able to reach any corals that are right underneath it.
Good to know. Thanks for the reply

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pavonanewyearsdecember2023.png

At least, it was sold to me as Pavona.

Sorry for the ugly tank. Dealing with dinos
Definitely looks like a pavona, great find! Never kept them myself but my LFS does has a hairy cactus pavona that is stinging an Alveopora colony in the display tank, theirs also has some pretty long sweepers so I'm not so sure on the compatability. @encrustingacro any thoughts?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back