What could cause temp to Increase

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been batling some strange water chemistry after water changes and i think we may have figured that out in another thread. Unrelated to my last thread however, what could cause the temperature to increase eventhough the heater is off and ambiant room temp is around 70. Were only talking a half a degree so not outrageous to assume its mis reading. Just looking to start a conversation as alot of stuff i brush off as normal is certainly not.

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same pumps and lights that i allways use on the same schedule i dont think that makes sence to only see this happen sometimes.
Ahh. Didn’t read it was only sometimes in the post. That is odd seeing that the only other heat sources are lights and pumps.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
-Lights for sure
Return pumps can run warm
Direct/indirect sunlight
room temperature

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any equipment in the tank will give off heat. We keep our house at 70f and I don’t need a heater and tank stays at 79ish. Only need a heater when we open the sliding door right next to the tank.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been batling some strange water chemistry after water changes and i think we may have figured that out in another thread. Unrelated to my last thread however, what could cause the temperature to increase eventhough the heater is off and ambiant room temp is around 70. Were only talking a half a degree so not outrageous to assume its mis reading. Just looking to start a conversation as alot of stuff i brush off as normal is certainly not.

Anything using electricity in or near the water has the potential to raise temp.

Anything not using electricity is not going to raise temperature, assuming you are not far out of the mainstream in what chemicals you add to the tank.

Electrical interference in the temp measurement is also a possibility.

petronik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the same seemingly unexplainable temp increase in my tank. I thought it might be coming from my return pump which felt unusually warm to the touch. I took it apart and cleaned it (it was very grungy) and the issue immediately resolved.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back