What do all of the badges mean?

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of badges and doohickies next to peoples name. Some are easy to figure out while others I have no idea.

There is a little green dot above the avatar that says "******* is on a distinguished road."

Another that says "Excellence"

And several others.

I am just curious. Is there a place where these are listed and how they are achieved?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellence is described in Brett's signature. It's awarded to a member who consistently goes above and beyond in helpings others, creating interesting topics, and being a very active member of the community.

TeamR2R - Moderator/Volunteer who help protect R2R members and help maintain the community.

R2RGuide - A Forum Guide is basically a LEADER of certain forums on Reef2Reef. They help monitor certain forums and threads and keep the community active.

Supporter - Member who has a Premium membership ($25/yr). Helps support the community with their donation and gets access to Premium forums not available to regular members.

Card Member - Has purchased a R2R discount card.

POTM - Previous or current Picture of the Month winner.

R2R Site Sponsor - Sponsor/Vendor

Starfish - Each start represents 100 posts. After 100 posts, 1 starfish is red. After 200, posts, 2 starfish are red, and so on.

Feedback Score - Number of feedback posts in iTrader with % of positive feedback. Helps members distinguish trusted sellers/buyers.

Green Dot (Directly next to username)- Means a user is online, albeit users can remove that ability to show online status in their control panel.

Green Square (Right above avatar) - Not 100% sure on this one, as I've never seen anybody with more than one :)

Last edited:

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things that I wondered about was under the user name for some it has registered user than other unders it will say something else like btkrausen has fish hoarder or Aquaph8 has love the fish.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to settings, then edit profile on the left and down to custom user title.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're like baseball cards... try to collect them all! :tongue:

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not mistaken, the green squares are for a feature in vBulletin that we aren't currently using in which other users can essentially "thank" members for their responses. I've seen the same thing on a motorcycle forum I used to frequent and that's what it was used for over there.

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh cool. Thank you very much! :)

That just leaves the green dot over the avatar. I have noticed that if you like/dislike someone's post you can click on one of the buttons on the bottom left of that post. I have almost done it just to see if that changes the green dot but I don't want to mess anything up. Maybe I'll get one of my friends and try it out :)

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The star is for adding to a persons repuatation, although not sure how that shows up in the community.

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added to your reputation... let's see if it make a difference, lol

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it would affect the green dot above the avatar. Like if you said it was negative the dot would turn red or something.

Mods, if I gave someone negative star feedback could it be reversed?

Like if I click on the star and say that "BarbH is so negative and only says bad things about my webbed feet" could it be earased :) lol.

I'm only messing

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reputation now says that I have 18 reputation points. Last time I clicked on it I noticed it showed that I had 10. The green square on the other hand did not change

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate this thread as I knew a couple of them but was not aware of all. Thanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want em all! So I need to get really good at taking pictures, upgrade my people skills, send money, and somehow sneak my way into the mod world. Okay. This should be done by Tuesday :) lol.

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have figured it out! The sheriffs badge is what you click on to add to a persons reputation. The green dot above each of our avatars is our reputation. I have had two people leave an "I approve" on one of my posts (both in this thread to see what happened) and my saying has changed. I say that we should use these reputation things when someone has a good (or bad) post! I have already found some good posts and left an "I agree" vote. These can be viewed by clicking on "Settings" in the upper left corner of the page. Expect to be reputationed! lol

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have figured it out! The sheriffs badge is what you click on to add to a persons reputation. The green dot above each of our avatars is our reputation. I have had two people leave an "I approve" on one of my posts (both in this thread to see what happened) and my saying has changed. I say that we should use these reputation things when someone has a good (or bad) post! I have already found some good posts and left an "I agree" vote. These can be viewed by clicking on "Settings" in the upper left corner of the page. Expect to be reputationed! lol

LOL that is great finally the green dot/square mystery has been solved.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back