What do I do with this guy? Send to sump?

Billyreef-ita

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
222
Reaction score
75
Location
Rome
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody, I’ve just found this guy in the tank, what do you suggest? Leave the crab there, maybe beneficial as a cleaner, or dangerous for fishes and corals and try to put it in the sump
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7256.mov
    42.9 MB
Heavy blueeeee makes it hard to see but the pincher ends look flat, makes me think it is an emerald crab.
 
Good or bad?
 
Good or bad?

Generally considered good, people buy them for algae control.

They are still a crab and do crab things when hungry. He seems to be pretty happy to help clean up your algae.
 
For the time being seems happy to help the cleaning 😊
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new