What do y'all want to talk about in the Question Of The Day?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if we did like interview threads. Each day we pick a member and the community can ask them any question (within reason) they want.
I say we start with an interview on this, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Crab McJones.png

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I realize that most tanks have 90 degree corners because glass is made of flat sheets and that seems to be the cheapest way to assemble tanks, however there rarely are 90 degree angles in nature (including aquatic spaces) - not including manmade additions. What are the challenges that are created by 90 degree corners? What do you do to overcome these issues? Is there a better way when we consider the financial, social, and environmental factors?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like that would end up just targeting people who build amazing tanks and have popular build threads. Plus, we already have 365, right? So it seems a little redundant
Sort of. The pick would be completely at random using a random number generator and your user number. Assuming the user is currently active

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has taken a 2+ year hiatus from the hobby, a thread poll on the biggest advancements in the hobby in the last XX years would be a good one.

Another one, for those that have taken an extended break from the hobby, did you go all in when you re-entered the hobby, or did you just dip your toes back in to test the waters?? (pun intended)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sucks that they didn't sift your sand. I think some are much more likely to than others however
She had a protracted 6 week QT in a bare tank and was in a bare tank in store for 8-10 weeks. I think she just forgot. I’m hoping she’ll remember once I put another one in the tank

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Potential question: Currently what are the best resources for understanding and identifying corals (both individually and by family)? Do we need better resource(s)? What would it look like?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, have we as reefing hobbyist moved on from the Indo ban. Have we excepted that it probably will never open back up as it once was. What are the vendors doing to sustain Indo corals for long term purchasing by hobbyist.

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we don't have a dedicated forum for it, yet... (hint-hint)
I'd like to hear about the many different solutions members have come up with for circulation.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flow through your sump and/or AIO filter section.

in relation to the display size as well as filter section or sump size.

i see countless of posts from people running massive flow rates through their sump, or upgrading the return pump in their AIO.

i do the opposite... i slow it down, downgrade the return pump for slower flow through the filter.

anyone else share my madness?

J.

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question I would like to b answered is “ what are the benefits to a closed loop system? Also what is the ideal flow pattern to grow and get maximum polyp extensions for corals and should there be a different flow pattern at night that might be beneficial to all inhabitants within our systems?

Curtis Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in hearing about bacteria biodiversity in tanks. How we can increase and keep a strong “immune system” if u will, inside our tanks. I think a lot of our starting issues when starting with dry rock is our low biodiversity. Can increasing this be of great help? Are there real products out there? Has anyone taken a real close look at what a healthy strong tank looks like up against a new tank with dry rock with one type of bacteria added?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back