What do y'all want to talk about in the Question Of The Day?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope y'all are enjoying the question and poll of the day! :)

Would like to hear from you about some topics you would like to see discussed. They can be broad or very specific!

Anything you want to talk about?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a recent thread I'd be curious to know how many of us are running a DSB, what there experiences have been. What size and depth is there sandbed? Is it a remote DSB or in tank? Do they run a plenum as well? I was surprised at how many people were saying they were running them. So now I'm curious as to how many of us actually are.

I know I'm planning on running one now with all the information shared in that thread. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After a recent thread I'd be curious to know how many of us are running a DSB and what there experiences have been. I was surprised at how many people were saying they were running them. So now I'm curious as to how many of us actually are.

I know I'm planning on running one now with all the information shared in that thread. :)

Nice one! Probably tomorrow! HA!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one that was brought up in a question on a thread today. I'm not sure if it's been in a daily poll or not but dual return pumps, how many of us are running them?

The member that was asked said he was running dual for redundancy and it has already saved his tank once. So it would be cool to hear others experiences and tips for running them.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the toughest things to find is t5 lighting combos with pictures, even with led. I’ve seen the videos out there, however they usually hit only one color at a time. It would be nice for people, especially those running t5 to put their bulb combos up with a pic

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m curious to know how important stewardship and/or conservation is as a factor in people‘s decision to have a marine tank.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another possible question: Which are more nutritious - frozen food blends like Rods, LRS, etc. or high quality dry foods? What do you use?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone so far!! We need 1000 more suggestions! ;)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the return pump turnover rate, 6x vs 10x. Their seems to be so many suggestions as to what is right and what is wrong. Should your turnover partially come from the return pump or just the powerheads.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

That’s a hard and tuff question depending on the person. In or before I mention this most may not know that I’m pretty (extremely shy so I do most to avoid social things (I know I am so trying to work on that), but given my current situation, I never once thought my life would change so much that well I can’t physically do a tank any more with out maybe hiring someone. Has anyone planned on what to do with their lovely tanks afterwards?
I ask this because I’m stuck from just donating everything to the children’s pediatric unit or as a motivator since I recently had to move
My tank is rebuilding itself as well as myself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back