What do you do to keep your tank cool?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,877
Reaction score
122,561
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What things do you do to keep your tank temperature down when the HOT months of summer come around?

I use this fan and it actually will cool the tank down too much if I don't use a controller. :)

They actually sell it at most Home Depots and Lowes stores.

Amazon.com: Stanley High-Velocity Blower Fan, 655702: Home & Kitchen

51%2BGW3mO6hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
 
I use a 6 inch clip-on fan on the tank if need be.Used it more when i had Halides not much now since i have LEDS.Even had to use a heater now.
 
4 pc fans in the canopy, and going to buy a clip on fan for the sump. I also have 3- 2 liters bottles filled with frozen rodi water as a emergency back up.
 
Sump in basement and replaced MH with LED. I now run a heater which I never used to do.
 
I used lots of fans in the canopy and sump in the summer when I had halides, but just switched to all t5. So I guess we'll see what this summer brings :)
 
I tried a standard 6" clip-on fan over the sump, but it was too weak. Although I have 2 120mm fans in the canopy, I've switched to a Vornado clip-on fan with my Neptune controller. It's a little pricey, but it's a beast.

photo-vi.jpg
 
Heat was an issue for me for a long time living in AZ. The best thing I ever did was switch from halides to T5. My tank stays cool enough now without any help from me.
 
I tried a standard 6" clip-on fan over the sump, but it was too weak. Although I have 2 120mm fans in the canopy, I've switched to a Vornado clip-on fan with my Neptune controller. It's a little pricey, but it's a beast.

photo-vi.jpg

Where do u get one of these and about how much are they? Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
artica 1/10hp chiller on one with a vornado fan blowing across the top off the water between the lights and the surface of the water. And just a fan on my tank in the house.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new