What do you do to support your reefing hobby?

Everyone knows this is an expensive hobby and I’m wondering what everyone does for a living to support their reefing needs. I’m an electrician by trade. It’s not the most glamorous job in the world but it supports my family and I while at the same time being able to keep a reef tank, a modest low tech one at that. I guess that’s why I chose to call myself the frugal reefer.

1686244054688.jpeg
I'm assuming ur circuits that your tank is connected to has a backup somehow
I'm trying to get a transfer switch installed that I would plug a battery to
 
I'm assuming ur circuits that your tank is connected to has a backup somehow
I'm trying to get a transfer switch installed that I would plug a battery to
Shoot me a PM if you are looking. The electrician I used specialized in Generators and transfer switches. I don't know if he does battery backups, but he did a great job on my install and it was really reasonable. Less than a colony of torch these days :)
 
So basically most people in this hobby besides me makes a lot of money. Yup that makes sense! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I’m a college student who works at a grocery store and only spends their money on fish tanks and self-care haha!
 
formerly i was an outside sales rep for a Healthcare IT product, the last 3 years I've worn many hats including construction, regulatory, cashier, corporate buyer, cultivator, retail/sales/operations manager. I'm #3 on the tree at a small mom & pop cannabis group in Massachusetts, I'm the face of the business and we only have 7 total employees so i literally have my hands on everything.
 
retired from both critical care trauma/emergency mgmt and cnc engineering.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new