What do you do when things are going well?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really admire those that can keep status quo.

For me, I’m always pushing the envelope and wanting to try new things - calcium reactor, light shades, new Copperband butterfly, more torches, etc.
My lfs's are infested with aiptasia. I was always interested in attempted a copper band. Torches, I am 2 - 6. 2 are alive, 4 dead from shipping. It's brutal and cruel.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they are going well. I try for weller and wellest.
Phytoplankton is coming
Sulfur denitrator is coming
Hanna ULR phosphate checker is coming.
I put up a new dosing channel for PhosBan-L but I am not going to push it until the Hanna is here. There is not enough resolution on a Sailfert test to tell what I am doing.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs's are infested with aiptasia. I was always interested in attempted a copper band. Torches, I am 2 - 6. 2 are alive, 4 dead from shipping. It's brutal and cruel.
Bought this Copperband last week at LFS. He ate well at the store and is eating well in my aquarium. Hoping he will get rid of my aiptasia.

1626179470365.jpeg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a large system but I used methods I was familiar with from smaller systems. They work but they have significant ongoing costs for media. I am trying to shift to cheaper methods. They have some up front costs but should pay off over time.
NoPox 5 liters at a time and GFO 5 kgs at a time aren't cheap.
Phosban-L costs $95 a gallon but you dilute it so it makes 3 gallons and it treats something like 45,000 gallons.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear, the moment I say "things are looking pretty good" something bad happens. So no matter what, my tank looks like crap, ok?

I work from home so have way too much time to check on the tank. It can be extraordinarily hard to stay out of it. The other day I decided that I needed to swap two small rocks. Ended up knocking my monti cap off another rock. Always something it's never simple.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really admire those that can keep status quo.

For me, I’m always pushing the envelope and wanting to try new things - calcium reactor, light shades, new Copperband butterfly, more torches, etc.
Scared to buy fish. Quarantine fear of introducing pathogens. Upsetting the fish/tank dynamics. My 3 fish are cool. Regal tang and clownfish have a Nemo/Dori vibe. Wrasse does his own thing. Tang is tank boss but no real aggression. Add another fish and things can change.

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to be honest I do two things.

1. Wonder what the heck i did and how long ago i did it, for the tank to look so good right about now.

2a. I sit biting my nails, waiting for the Law of Duality to kick in

Or

2b: Oooooh the tank looks Great!!..........let me go mess wid it. Lol

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decent batting average with the torches. So worth it!

0A2E2E68-FD36-47AA-9911-97B2AB769CFF.jpeg

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stick to my original plan.
I firmly believe that a system without a plan is not the way to success in this hobby.

With that said I make sure I have a backup for everything.

Now that I have my 120 and a frag/lagoon system running I just enjoy them as the maintenance is minimal now.

SueAbu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stick to my original plan.
I firmly believe that a system without a plan is not the way to success in this hobby.

With that said I make sure I have a backup for everything.

Now that I have my 120 and a frag/lagoon system running I just enjoy them as the maintenance is minimal now.
We need a "jealous" emoji... *Putting lagoon tank on my 'someday' list*

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back