What do you feed a lawnmower blenny in Quarantine?

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Probably best to just keep an eye on it for now. I'd watch the fish's body/belly for now. Here's a picture of mine, I've only had him a couple months I'd like him to be a little thicker but I think he's at a healthy weight. The back section, under the anal fin gets pretty thin when they're not eating enough. You may just need to watch and see if it's getting too thin and make a decision on whether to move it or not. He might decide to eat mysis or brine if he sees other fishing eating them. They do need a good amount of the slime/film algae so a new QT tank might not have that much compared to a more mature DT.

IMG_2454.JPG

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took my current lawnmower about 6 months to eat any prepared foods.

I did TTM on it, so it made it to the display for all-you-can-eat algae in about 10 days.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lawnmower blenny really love the hikari algae wafers. It would zip up to the top of the tank and catch it like a dog grabbing a frisbee.
That's interesting. I do have some of those for my last remaining freshwater tank. I gave a half of one to a radaita urchin in the tank awhile ago, but it's really hard to get them to him with the flow in the tank sometimes so I stopped feeding them to him. Maybe the LMB was enjoying them as well. :)

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have qted them for a good 4 weeks, but I fed, nori sheets, hikari pellets (seaweed ones), algae pellets and tried the Mastick stuff too. I fed some algae based flakes too. It now eats anything put in the tank in the dt. Nice and fat too.
Good luck!

OP
OP
ReefKeeper666

ReefKeeper666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. I do have some of those for my last remaining freshwater tank. I gave a half of one to a radaita urchin in the tank awhile ago, but it's really hard to get them to him with the flow in the tank sometimes so I stopped feeding them to him. Maybe the LMB was enjoying them as well. :)
Same here I’ll try it

frags2fishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently did a 30 day copper treatment on a batch of fish one of which was a lawnmower blenny. I rubber banded a sheet of nori to a PVC bushing and the blenny both ate the nori as well as made the PVC bushing his home! Most blennies i have QT'd have been sort of shy. I usually watch them from afar to make sure they are eating. I got smart and added a camera so I could observe them throughout the day.
I know old post, but cool about the camera to watch them from a far. I was thinking about doing the same thing. I am curious about how you have the camera set up and if you have any suggestions on equipment to buy. Thanks!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back