What Do You Feed Your Fish

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like there are a lot of different food options out there to feed your fish. So, I am wondering what do you feed your fish currently? What has worked for you or what hasn't worked for you.

findingsimple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen brine shrimp and mysis seems to be loved by all my livestock.

Flakes next on the list.

Least favorite is seaweed sheets - once they realized they get other stuff these have been completely left alone.

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a mix of frozen spiralina mysis, ocean nutrition flakes, PE pellets, nori, and the occasional clam on the half shell.
I have 3 tangs, 2 clowns, and 4 chromis. All fat and happy.

mnl119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Variety is the key. I keep mostly angels and tangs. The tangs will eat just about anything after the first couple of months, not just strictly herbivores. Here's a summary of what I feed: Frozen Angel Formula, Frozen Brine, Frozen Mysis, Frozen Formula 2. Dried foods: Formula 1 flakes and pellets, Formula 2 flakes and pellets, Reef Formula flakes. Not all foods fed everyday, but generally everything fed at least once a week. Auto Feeders once daily on the flakes. I also feed the frozen foods after thawing in water treated with Vita Chem vitamins.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
variety of Hikari frozen cubes, LRS fish frenzy and vegeterian fish frenzy, occasional flakes, variety of nori and now some of the macro algae I grow in my macro tank.
I never feed pellet, it sinks and get spoiled and is a big waste, and I am too lazy to make my own food.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently only have two clownfish.
I use freeze dried food - a mix of mysis shrimp, calanus, and brine shrimp rehydrated with either selcon or brighwell aminomega.
I also feed brs reef chili a couple times a week, which the fish also steal some of.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Primarily Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes. I supplement it with frozen Mysis or Brine shrimp. Very occasionally blood worms or leftover live Red Spike worms from ice fishing.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari mysis, TDO pellets, and the fish also enjoy the small chunks when I target feed reef frenzy. My favorite food to feed is the ROE from reef nutrition. First tried them a little over a year ago and will use them forever going forward.

Usually feed some pellets once a day, and some mysis or ROE at least once more throughout the day.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a mix of algae max, TDO, and NLS pellets once a day on an auto feeder in the morning. Then in the evening I feed a mox of PE msysis, PE calanus, LRS reef frenzy, and ROE.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen only... LRS Reef Frenzy and I mix in a cube of Mysis and a cube of Brine. Let it thaw then add Vitamins, mix it up and keep it in the fridge. Makes up about 4 days of feed ing for my 45 cube.

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to switch it up on occasion but mostly Rod's Original for frozen food, PE calanus when I can get it. Dry pe pellets are good too for me, Inverts seem to love those. I will say Live baby brine seems to have made one of my fish more outgoing though.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS - reef frenzy, herbivore, Nori Sheets
Hikari - mega marine
Tdo pellets
Egg Brew - great coral and fish food
NLS Pellets
Benereef