What do you guys think???

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received this torch as a short tentacle Ausi gold tip.. got it at a very reasonable price, below is the pic of the day I got it(what was advertised) and then in my tank 6 weeks later.

It's like a neon blue.. any ideas if it's actually Ausi? I like it think the color is insane. As you can see by the stuff around it the colors aren't adjusted. Photo taken with my note 9 with coral view lens 20k

20190718_194000.jpg 20190825_112705.jpg

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received this torch as a short tentacle Ausi gold tip.. got it at a very reasonable price, below is the pic of the day I got it(what was advertised) and then in my tank 6 weeks later.

It's like a neon blue.. any ideas if it's actually Ausi? I like it think the color is insane. As you can see by the stuff around it the colors aren't adjusted. Photo taken with my note 9 with coral view lens 20k

20190718_194000.jpg 20190825_112705.jpg
What kind of lighting are you running? Usually all pics are advertised with lots of blues.

HNR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely an aussie, but unfortunately its not a torch... It's euphyllia cristata. I've seen them called "grape corals". Its definitely not as rare as an aussie gold torch, but it's still a beautiful coral none the less. I find that they prefer lower light than your typical euphyllia and MUCH lower flow than a torch. They also tend to be pretty slow growing.

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely an aussie, but unfortunately its not a torch... It's euphyllia cristata. I've seen them called "grape corals". Its definitely not as rare as an aussie gold torch, but it's still a beautiful coral none the less. I find that they prefer lower light than your typical euphyllia and MUCH lower flow than a torch. They also tend to be pretty slow growing.
Thank you... I actually figured that out about 2 nights ago. I realized it was a cristata. It's a beautiful coral and wind up with some really cool pastel colors. I dont see the gold that was shown on the sale pic... but I really like how different it is and how it stands out. I have it low on the sand bed at the base of my rockwork where its shielded from the majority of the flow. So hoping it does well and keeps this glowing blue color.

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting are you running? Usually all pics are advertised with lots of blues.
I run plenty of blue. I have 2 hydra 52s and 2 hydra 26s over my tank. I run 65% blues and 10% white. But as you can see it's right next to a green hammer so the blue isnt soaking out the color.. o honestly think the pic was just edited to bring out the gold color in the base. Which is why the background is all black... but I'm not complaining I actually think the coral is nicer now than in the pic

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back