What do you think of your Maxspect Ethereals?

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have one on our 25 gallon Lagoon, I just can't get the color right to our liking, it mounts
real nice and looks cool, we had a ebay black box on it before and with 2 dials one for blues
and one for whites it was easy.

Maybe I should start a thread on peoples preferences on percentages they are using for
the Ethereals.

lambchops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine, I've been able to manipulate the color to my liking, haven gone through with a PAR meter yet.

I would like them to do some updating as I think they are not at their full potential.

lambchops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate on your potential comment?

I believe they can do more and they released it rough. I think they should update the app so there's more capabilities, I would like to be able to upload my setting so someone can try it out. I also think that you should be able to pick the spectrum and just increase the intensity. I also would like a seasonal moonlight setting.

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they can do more and they released it rough. I think they should update the app so there's more capabilities, I would like to be able to upload my setting so someone can try it out. I also think that you should be able to pick the spectrum and just increase the intensity. I also would like a seasonal moonlight setting.

Got it. The hardware is fine but you are looking for software with more options. My primary concern is the quality of the lights, the software can always be improved without having to purchase new lights.

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason why there a so few replies? If people aren't using them, why not? They have a great price point and seem comparable to Hydras and Radions.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 2 over a 4'x2' tank. We love them so far. The only LEDs we have owned so I have nothing to compare it to. Has nice shimmer with no detectable disco effect.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching these threads as well. They SEEMS (based only on photos) to have an almost Kessil like shimmer. We shall see.

FishyPaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Ethereals above my tank. I’m still working on getting the colors and intensity to my my liking. It’s my first set of LEDs so I’m going thru that learning curve.
I like the hardware and love the shimmer. Here are my latest settings

295AC67B-AF82-4F52-8B6D-BDDCB212EDA1.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll bump this for more input. I'm a radion guy, so nothing to add, but best of luck on the info search! :)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back