What do you use as your ATO reservoir?

albie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is an option like the Innovative Marine Hydrofill a good idea or a waste of money over a more basic bucket or container option?

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_2498.png

Perfect and has a big opening to fit the pump. Plus has a hole for the tubing. I like it a lot

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 5 gal salt bucket for my FOWLR. It's a 240 gal aquarium but the tank is largely covered by glass, so I don't get a ton of evaporation.

I use the RedSea ATO reservoir for my Gen 2 625, but not above the sump. It's in the dry side of the cabinet and I use my Duetto 2 ATO from it. Works well, but wish it held more because I get a lot of evaporation. It's 7.5 gal and lasts me about 5 days.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I'm omw to petco now for a 10 gal tank. Been using a bucket for a while. I've been searching and I just can't find a 10 gal container that fits my space for cheaper...With a glass lid with cutouts for tube/wires ~$50. Still more than half the price of the cheapest acrylic I found...

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish store jug 5g but i’m DYING to get one of the 10 gallon acrylic reservoirs from BRS for about $150 which is a lot for what that is.

I can’t go anywhere for more than a week unless i get 10g or more. I’m pondering the sale on one. If any of you want to get rid of one please let me know.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish store jug 5g but i’m DYING to get one of the 10 gallon acrylic reservoirs from BRS for about $150 which is a lot for what that is.

I can’t go anywhere for more than a week unless i get 10g or more. I’m pondering the sale on one. If any of you want to get rid of one please let me know.
I'm all for off the shelf when it makes sense but $150 for a box? With a hole at the top? If only I had the tools on hand... I digress tho. Sorry op; started going down a price/worth rabbit hole. To your original question...I use a 10 gal tank (now) :)

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a just an extra like Tupperware container we had in the house. Drilled a few holes for tubes and cords, ran a water line directly from my ro/di that is controlled by a solenoid so it auto-fills!

Attachments

• KIMG2175.JPG
    KIMG2175.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 51

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought Tenecor reservoir. Worth every penny! Very high quality product.

tobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of the new Red Sea containers. Holds 10 gallons for 100.00.
Fits in sump stand. Takes up less room than the 5 gallon bucket I was using.
BRS sells them.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%
Back