what do you use for coral IDs ??

lReef lKeeper

I'm an SPS-aholic
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
550
Reaction score
74
Location
Louisville, Kentucky 40214
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just wondering how many reefers actually know about this coral ID program ?? here is the one that i use ...

www.coralidea.com

just download it and add it to your iPod or just keep it on your computer. it was put together by Jake Adams and has been a great help to me.
 
Thats a neat site.........I always like and use this one.....just type in the genus and a guess in google and the http://www2.aims.gov id pages will come up......and you can usually get pretty close ID's on mst things including acros which can be pretty tough to impossible...a ballpark is even good


I like the pictures of the skeltons provided......

for instance....in google type in acropora granulosa......or montipora danae

http://www2.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/001-100/Species%20pages/33.htm

http://www2.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/201-300/Species pages/251.htm

good stuff.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new