What does everyone do to support their reefing hobby?

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is purely out of curiosity on my part. I'd like to hear what some of you do to financially support your reef keeping hobby. Is it satisfied by your main job? Picked up a side gig? Have a successful side fragging business going? I work full time as a firefighter/critical care paramedic to pay the bills and either try to pick up some side work, sell something I don't need anymore or pick up used reef stuff to use to keep the financial burden low and the wife/accountant happy.

R.Weller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our hobby is supported by our single-family income, but we buy used & DIY where we can. I'm convinced that we have saved a fortune by taking the time & investing in our education at the public library vs. buying gadgets that treat the symptom rather than understanding the biology of the ecosystem.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is purely out of curiosity on my part. I'd like to hear what some of you do to financially support your reef keeping hobby. Is it satisfied by your main job? Picked up a side gig? Have a successful side fragging business going? I work full time as a firefighter/critical care paramedic to pay the bills and either try to pick up some side work, sell something I don't need anymore or pick up used reef stuff to use to keep the financial burden low and the wife/accountant happy.

I work full time plus as an ER Nurse, and pick up extra shifts when available.. .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back