What does everyone do to support their reefing hobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter M3d1C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
85
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is purely out of curiosity on my part. I'd like to hear what some of you do to financially support your reef keeping hobby. Is it satisfied by your main job? Picked up a side gig? Have a successful side fragging business going? I work full time as a firefighter/critical care paramedic to pay the bills and either try to pick up some side work, sell something I don't need anymore or pick up used reef stuff to use to keep the financial burden low and the wife/accountant happy.
 
Our hobby is supported by our single-family income, but we buy used & DIY where we can. I'm convinced that we have saved a fortune by taking the time & investing in our education at the public library vs. buying gadgets that treat the symptom rather than understanding the biology of the ecosystem.
 
This is purely out of curiosity on my part. I'd like to hear what some of you do to financially support your reef keeping hobby. Is it satisfied by your main job? Picked up a side gig? Have a successful side fragging business going? I work full time as a firefighter/critical care paramedic to pay the bills and either try to pick up some side work, sell something I don't need anymore or pick up used reef stuff to use to keep the financial burden low and the wife/accountant happy.

I work full time plus as an ER Nurse, and pick up extra shifts when available.. .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new