What does everyone feed their anemones??

  • Thread starter Thread starter tankaholic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tankaholic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
2,615
Reaction score
892
Location
Sarasota, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does everyone feed their anemone's and how do you feed them?
thanks in advance
 
image.jpeg
A third of a shrimp from the grocery store every other day for this monster
 
Feed sparingly, once a week to once every two weeks, raw completely thawed sea food. Very small pieces of raw shrimp, fish, scallops. Place piece near oral opening, a healthy anemone will grab the piece and slowly move it towards the oral opening. Watch for expelled pieces and remove. If the food does not stick to the anemone remove it and try again in a couple days.
 
I would feed some chunks of frozen foods.
 
Any meaty food, just no silversides. Normally they don't need to be feed as they'll catch food that floats by, or they live off the zooxanthellae inside of them. I feed mine once a day when I'm bulking them up for splitting.
 
Sallys frozen krill for mine, every 4-7 days i feed it one. Anemones dont need muh feeding
 
I have a pair of tomatoe clowns that steal pieces of clam from the copperbanded butterfly and feed the two red bubble tips for me.
 
I occationally feed mine something substantial and meaty. My maxi mini gets fed this way weekly and has a huge appetite, my bubble tip hosted by my Clarkii gets fed by the clowns every meal time.

image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 
No silversides?..*smh*....I was wondering why my two bubbletips and carpet keep rejecting it. Thanks for the info raw shrimp and krill only.Thanks fellow anemone keepers.
 
Like 1/8 of a shrimp or half a krill. Every few days.
Use long tweezers to hand it to them and then have ward off the female clown as she will tug a war it right out of their mouths. :/
 
Some raw sea food mix from my local grocery store a few piece of shrimp some squid and clam about 1 or 2 time a week I have 4 bta the rose one eat like crazy and are around 10-12 in diameter

IMG_20160904_194827157.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new