What does Reefing 101 look like to you? Schools in session!

aquaman67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRSTV has the complete “master class” on YouTube.

The investigate series where they set up several tanks and experimented on how each one behaves is definitely worth the time to watch.

k log(omega)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't wish organic on my worst enemy even though it has been helpful to a certain degree in reefing
i actually liked organic chem haha it was the physical chem 2 that killed me :( just getting thrown into quantum mechanics before taking partial differential equations was rough lol

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually liked organic chem haha it was the physical chem 2 that killed me :( just getting thrown into quantum mechanics before taking partial differential equations was rough lol

Wow, I was just the opposite. Might have been my organic chem Prof's fault, making it all about memorizing, but I hated it, while P-chem was what saved me and made me want to be a chemist. So much of it is intuitive and not just memorization. :)

ideal gas law; makes perfect sense

reaction of
(3R,5R)-7-[2-(4-Fluorophenyl)-3-phenyl-4-(phenylcarbamoyl)-5-propan-2-ylpyrrol-1-yl]-3,5-dihydroxyheptanoic acid
with
1,1'-(2,2,2-Trichloroethane-1,1-diyl)bis(4-chlorobenzene)?

Nothing comes to mind lol

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000014501.gif

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I was just the opposite. Might have been my organic chem Prof's fault, making it all about memorizing, but I hated it, while P-chem was what saved me and made me want to be a chemist. So much of it is intuitive and not just memorization. :)

reaction of
(3R,5R)-7-[2-(4-Fluorophenyl)-3-phenyl-4-(phenylcarbamoyl)-5-propan-2-ylpyrrol-1-yl]-3,5-dihydroxyheptanoic acid
with

Yeah my orgo 2 professor was the same way. I still have hundreds of flash cards in my backpack. Yall persevered way more than my I switched my major to computer science

k log(omega)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reaction of
with

ideal gas law is fine but when they get into “write the wave function for this system of particles. what is the uncertainty?” i start sweating it wasn’t until graduate thermo that i really understood (and by “really” i mean basic rudimentary understanding) systems of particles. which is a little embarrassing because it’s my whole degree lol

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ideal gas law is fine but when they get into “write the wave function for this system of particles. what is the uncertainty?” i start sweating it wasn’t until graduate thermo that i really understood (and by “really” i mean basic rudimentary understanding) systems of particles. which is a little embarrassing because it’s my whole degree lol

I agree that wave functions start to lose touch with everyday reality, and have no place in reefing. lol

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing 101: What it means to be a responsible pet owner and caretaker to living organisms

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will always have a place in my nightmares

i wonder if anyone ever had a fish tunnel through the glass and end up on the floor because the fish' wave function extended outside the tank.

If it happened, they probably assumed it jumped out the top, and we will never hear about it. lol

k log(omega)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wonder if anyone ever had a fish tunnel through the glass and end up on the floor because the fish' wave function extended outside the tank.

If it happened, they probably assumed it jumped out the top, and we will never hear about it. lol
well technically the probability of this happening is nonzero soooo…. lol

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Class #1: Types of Saltwater aquariums

Class #2: Determining what type of aquarium is best for you

Class #3: All about Salt Water and Basic Chemistry

Class #4: Plumbing and Water Flow

Class #5: Filtration (Biological and Mechanical)

Class #6: Lighting

Class #7: Fish and Inverts

Class #8: Soft Corals

Class #9: Hard Corals

Class #10: Routine Maintenance

Class #11: Common Problems and Pests

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back