WHAT DOES this apex code mean???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I had a question. This code pops up almost everyday on my email and I'm not sure what it means

(Apex Fusion Alarm: apex) Date: 2018-03-01 03:05:45 -0500
Statement: Set OFF.

Help please

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably isn't much of a help, but generally when I get an 'OFF' statement for an alarm, but don't see an "On" statement, it means that something triggered the alarm for a split second and turned off before the system even registered it was on. At least that is how it feels it happens to me. I would go through anything that has an alarm set (heat, pH, water level) and see if something was near threshold. I know it happens to a lot of people with an optical sensor, when the water level is right at the level where the sensor sees it, and then doesn't, so the alarm goes on and off and on and off over and over again. Defer statements usually fix that, so you may need to do that, or lower the threshold if it is pH or heat or something. Just my thoughts, could be way off though.

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be it, my ORP alarm went off for a couple of sec, no it's back to normal. So maybe that's statement means it's all good

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The statement itself means that whatever alarm that was on, is now off. :)

Oleshp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new to using an apex so someone please correct me if I am wrong. But, it is my understanding that you get the set OFF message when the alarm is no longer active to tell you that everything is withing parameters again. Hope this helps

Rglad91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the 0500 means anything I get the same thing every time I feed and return pumps turns off and water level rises. Mines cause the ato and it reads that 0500 every time. I don’t k ow if I should turn off the alarm or have the atk turn off during feed schedule?

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The -0500 after the date and time is the Apex’s timezone expressed as an offset from UTC/GMT. So depending on whether DST is enabled, the OP is probably either in US Eastern or Central time.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you create virtual outlets for your alarms, you can use defer statements to avoid those false alarms. For example, you can tell the apex to not send you a temp alarm unless you're out of the desired range for more than 2 minutes, out of ph for ten minutes, etc... you can have different defer statements for each alarm, instead of one defer time for all of them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back