View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with, "hurry and jam it in" (tank transfer):

FTS_2022_02_19.JPG

Then couldn't stand the "pile" so mashed it up:

FTS_2023_6_3.jpeg

I'm OK with it now, I guess. Just need some corals.

Desolate ghost town theme isn't the plan,,, just been lazy and moving slow.

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my water box 110 not the happiest about my scape but I don’t want to mess with it and regret it later

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 55

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my water box 110 not the happiest about my scape but I don’t want to mess with it and regret it later
I would just build up one side and create a slope and maybe a leg off on an angle. I try to follow the rule of thirds/ the golden ratio for aquascaping. It's really more pleasing to the eye and gets your eyes moving around the entire scape. Right now, your scape just has one major center point. It looks nice don't get me wrong.

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here you go!
IMG_5843.jpeg

Only a few but it’s a start.
Oh wow that’s looking good! It might only be a start but in reefing the best thing I have learned is take your time and give the tank and coral its time. Anything in a reef tank takes time and lots of it. I can’t wait to see your tank in the future!

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more big arch on the right and it's perfect. I say so cavalierly, recommending another $200 in rock.
Not 100% sure I’m following what you’re saying do you mean like a bigger taller arch on the right? Sorry just a little hard to comprehend and visualize.

Last edited:

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% sure I’m following what you’re saying do you mean like a bigger taller arch on the right? Sorry just a little hard to comprehend and visualize.
Yes I would get some large life rock arches that will match with your scape and bring up the right hand side above even the large coral in the center. 2/3 of the scape will then be on the right. A few nice corals up there to catch the eye then your large specimen will be right on one of the focal point lines

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I would get some large life rock arches that will match with your scape and bring up the right hand side above even the large coral in the center. 2/3 of the scape will then be on the right. A few nice corals up there to catch the eye then your large specimen will be right on one of the focal point lines
Oh I think I understand now so have like a low middle high? And a cool sloping affect. I have never looked at it like that I think I’ll have to give that a shoot and get some more rock! Thanks so much for the advice! Also one more quick question how do people pack there tanks so tight with corals and have so many I feel like I just run out of room so fast

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back