What does your "reefing supply" look like and where do you keep them?

Where do you keep your "reef supplies?"

• Shelf

Votes: 56 10.3%
  • Tank Stand

Votes: 76 14.0%
  • Cabinet

Votes: 123 22.7%
  • Counter

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Everywhere

Votes: 249 45.9%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 36 6.6%

• Total voters

tippin.turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0720.JPG

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would post a photo but everything is a huge mess. I recently started raising clownfish so in addition to my shelves of dry goods there are buckets of rotifers and bottles of phytoplankton bubbling with airlines running to 10g fry tanks. Maybe this will inspire me to clean up and take a picture. Maybe not.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much equipment. I have 3x5gallon buckets that get stack inside each other, Mixing equipment inside the top bucket, Cleaning supplies in bucket, Food is in the freezer and a small cup of thawed food in the fridge. Smaller add-on stuff like Selcon, Nori, and supplements go on top of the fridge. (I'm the only one tall enough to even see up there.) That is it. RO/DI is connected under the sink in the kitchen. My dog takes up WAY more space in my house than my tanks and don't even get me started on my kids. Sheesh, one day it will be just me and my tanks.

FYI I picked Other.

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen food in freezer,obvi. Day to day supplies are in the tank cabinet, also known as the #dangerzone lol.

20200909_141230.jpg

Water mixing supplies in the bottom of the linen closet. Yes that is a water distiller. I like it better than my rodi unit don't harsh on me too much lol.

20200909_141314.jpg

Everything else is in the basement on a three tier shelf unit my husband made me. Its currently obscured by the laundry I need to finish so no pic atm ha.

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rubbermaid totes on my back porch for the less used/unused stuff and a storage ottoman next to the tank for the more frequently used stuff. And this thread has reminded me I should probably move my pellet/flake foods off the mantle before my wife kills me; she has only asked 2 times so far, that means I am still safe right?

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some in my tank cabinet and some in one of those three drawer plastic cabinets. I do my testing here in the "laundry room which has my RO/DI, mixing barrel and quarantine tank. When I saw this thread I just backed up a few feet and took this photo. That's revhtree's supply shelf on my computer screen.

Aquarium supplies_edited.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunate to have a dedicated fish/sump room, so supplies are festooned around that room.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my supplies and excess equipment live in the laundry room. It may or may not have been suggested to me that my fish supplies are starting to take up a bit too much of the laundry room. The only thing I keep in the stand (other than equipment that needs to be there) is fish food. Well, maybe the acclimating box. There might be a frag rack under there too. And that valve for the ATO that I haven't installed yet. And I guess there are a few things that have managed to start accumulating on top of a dresser. Ok, so stuff is everywhere. I'll clean it up tomorrow. For sure!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back