What equipment should I have.

Juliam0260

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 10 gallon fish tank that has a clown fish, a Fiji devil damselfish, and a lemon chromis and I've got some sort of polyp (I don't know what type), and some sort of hard coral. I'm hoping to make it a nano reef tank, and I'm wondering what equipment I need?

Thanks for any answers!

P.s. My filter is a penguin bio-wheel 100 and I've got 10 lbs of live rock.
 
U need light for the corals if is hard corals t5ho at least 4 bulbs or led
 
While this is a? That should be asked before you have the livestock I'll chime in.

On a 10g ide say any 2 bulb or more t5 ho light, circulation devices, skimmer, test kits for magnesium calcium and alkalinity as well as nitrate, phosphate, ammonia (only cause it's a 10) and a refractometer for checking salinity!!! Some hydrometer can be very accurate measuring by buoyancy but you want something that's going to measure by density and can be calibrated every so often to ensure accuracy. And a system set up where you can top off water daily, any small evaporation can make the perameters fluctuate in smaller tanks. I would search for a slightly bigger tank used that comes with most of this stuff and start there as a 10 is very small and going to be slightly more difficult to keep if it is your first reef tank! Good luck
 
I running a 10 gallon mix skimmer less and a zoomed wave maker but I do wc of 10% weekly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new