What even is this

idk what im doing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
50
Reaction score
15
Location
america
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not too sure what kind of anemone this is any ideas?

IMG_3261.jpeg IMG_3265.png
 
looks a lil like a sebae …. I’m guessing tho ,,,, and curious what others say
I just can't see the blue/purple tips though.. Your guess may be better than the one I made in his other post though of a white bubble tip anemone.. ;)
 
The overall shape says BTA to me but the color says SEVERELY BLEACHED.
 
Bleached green bubble tip anemone
 
Just good care and stable water parameters, when they bleach they at one point underwent extreme stress and expelled all of the zooanthelle
Oof I’m still new to the hobby so I think I’m going to have to do some digging I will make updates along the journey
 
It's a bulb tip (Entacmaea quadricolor). They are pretty forgiving as host anemones go, the easiest of the bunch, I would say. Generally they will attach to a hole in the rock. Until they find a place they like, they are prone to wander around and get sucked into powerheads/circulating pumps, so make sure those are covered. Otherwise, reef quality lighting (it doesn't have to be super intense, since this species is sometimes found at more than 100 feet deep), water between say 77-82F, specific gravity 1.025-1.027 and nitrates approaching undetectable is the goal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new