What exactly is this ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMM744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
993
Location
Lima, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this stuff covering the top of a rock with a little branching but mostly encrusting. Wondering if I should get it off the rock if it’s evasive which it appears it might be. It’s a light brick red color. Just not sure what it is.
Thanks,
jim
57B8C1FF-B0D4-4502-A4DD-1FE22DF955EC.jpeg
 
After your suggestion I looked online and it appears to be forest-fire Montipora digi.
Thanks for steering me in that direction.
Jim
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new