What fish would be perfect

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone after a bit of information
I have a 50g tank with 6 BTA and 2 domino damsels but the tank looks empty so what fish would you recommend that doesn’t eat BTA and show the dominos who’s boss any thoughts welcome

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone after a bit of information
I have a 50g tank with 6 BTA and 2 domino damsels but the tank looks empty so what fish would you recommend that doesn’t eat BTA and show the dominos who’s boss any thoughts welcome
Your challenge will be the dominos' who by now have become territorial. Many fish qualify such as gobies, basslets, cardinals as examples

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your challenge will be the dominos' who by now have become territorial. Many fish qualify such as gobies, basslets, cardinals as examples
Someone said they would take them . I would rather have a couple of nice fish would puffers eat the nems

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Someone said they would take them . I would rather have a couple of nice fish would puffers eat the nems
No as they would get stung and not a part of their diet. Butterflies would eat nems

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns would be good with the domino aggression. Love my maroons! Also a dwarf angel would be good too!
I second this. Maroon Clowns are really mean SOB's! I once had one I ended up returning to the LFS after a couple of months, because he kept attacking me. The last straw was when the little ******* actually DREW BLOOD!!! :eek:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this. Maroon Clowns are really mean SOB's! I once had one I ended up returning to the LFS after a couple of months, because he kept attacking me. The last straw was when the little ******* actually DREW BLOOD!!! :eek:
My maroons are sweet! I had a picasso clown that bit me all the time and she jumped out of the water bit my forehead once. Now that was a mean clown! My maroons dont try to bite me at all!

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns would be good with the domino aggression. Love my maroons! Also a dwarf angel would be good too!
Great
Thanks I am a bit attached to the dominos but they definitely need another crazy fish to show them they will take no nonsense

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great

Thanks I am a bit attached to the dominos but they definitely need another crazy fish to show them they will take no nonsense
Maroons will for sure! So will dwarf angels, those guys are super bold!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL that would do it, those even eat lions!!!
I think so but requires a tank size minimum of 15g. Seriously, a sixline wrasse would probably work, Ive had one in most of the 18 years I’ve had an aquarium. I never seen one picked on.

Last edited:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so but require a tank size minimum of 15g. Seriously, a sixline wrasse would probably work, Ive had one in most of the 18 years I’ve had an aquarium. I never seen one picked on.
A lionfish? Me neither, this was a video of one getting eaten by a diver that I saw! Barracuda came out of nowhere and just ate that lionfish!! Big lionfish too

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just go for
April Fools Day Shark GIF

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is going to be adding any new fish.....whether it is capable of defending itself or not. The new Maroon will still get bullied coming in new to an established tank full of killers lol. Maybe put the two damsels in the sump for a couple of weeks while the new fish becomes a little more established and then reintroduce?

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Valentini and blue spot is a nice combo. The ones I had ate zoanthids so if adding zoas to the nems in the future toby’s may not the best idea.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back