Reaction score
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
reefs4less

reefs4less

View Badges
Reaction score
A titan triggerfish or its equivalent in the reef tank of the six line wrasse
Those are definitely reef tank terrorists lol, but are there any fish that give you that "uncanny valley" sort of vibe? Only the blob fish gets me, I think it's the oddly human features.... It's unsettling, but I can't stop looking at it.

Corals.com

Angel_Anthias lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Those are definitely reef tank terrorists lol, but are there any fish that give you that "uncanny valley" sort of vibe? Only the blob fish gets me, I think it's the oddly human features.... It's unsettling, but I can't stop looking at it.
Ohhh i get it now lol, i know theres a fish but i cant remember, ill try and think

Jweis3500

View Badges
Reaction score
I bought a formosa wrasse, I thought he looked cool. I had no idea it would flip all of the high end corals on my sand bed, even the ones on 3" discs. He is in my sump ready to fly. On the bright side he did an awesome job keeping the sand bed stirred and clean.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
reefs4less

reefs4less

View Badges
Reaction score
I bought a formosa wrasse, I thought he looked cool. I had no idea it would flip all of the high end corals on my sand bed, even the ones on 3" discs. He is in my sump ready to fly. On the bright side he did an awesome job keeping the sand bed stirred amd clean.
You'll have that, but I'm talking heebeegeebees kinda unsettling. Does anything in the ocean freak you out on a deep subconscious level?

windemerejack

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry to upset the Clown fish lovers but I hate Clown fish, I just cannot abide them, I cannot see a point to them, they don't even swim about, just stay in one spot 24/7, a friend of mine had a pair in a 7ft tank, they only saw about a foot of it.
Just pointless

Top Shelf Aquatics

35ppt

View Badges
Reaction score
OP
reefs4less

reefs4less

View Badges
Reaction score
Eels. They give me the heebie jeebies.

Also its not a fish but, longspine urchans. LFS put one in their cheap frag tank and I refuse to look at it since.
Aichmophobia (/ˌeɪkməˈfoʊbiə/) is a kind of specific phobia, the morbid fear of sharp things, such as pencils, needles, knives, a pointing finger, or even the sharp end of an umbrella and different sorts of protruding corners or sharp edges in furnitures and building constructions/materials

Dempsey941

View Badges
Reaction score
Aichmophobia (/ˌeɪkməˈfoʊbiə/) is a kind of specific phobia, the morbid fear of sharp things, such as pencils, needles, knives, a pointing finger, or even the sharp end of an umbrella and different sorts of protruding corners or sharp edges in furnitures and building constructions/materials
Its more of a “freak me out” than a phobia similar to my dislike of these seed pods.

1585262520861.jpeg

https://www.omegasea.net/

Do you think a xenia refugium is an effective method of water filtration?

• Yes

Votes: 74 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 101 15.4%
  • Maybe considering the set up

Votes: 114 17.4%
  • Never considered it

Votes: 356 54.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 1.5%

Online statistics

Members online