What gives with hammer corals? Why so difficult?

Ditto on the hammers retracting when the lights go down, and the occasional expelling of brown snot from time to time. Nothing to worry about. Mine started as 2 heads 17 years ago.
IMG_1150.JPEG
need to start a thread asking what I have to change in my chemistry to make my 7 week old hammers look like your 17 month old hammers... smile - and to the OP I agree they react more quickly to change in light, but so does one of my 5 torches - i.e., some population genetics result in different "behaviors"
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new