What grinds your gears? Most annoying Reefer forum behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I’m telling my friends at school about my new expensive coral and they say why don’t you just get the fake ones. I get so mad[emoji23][emoji23]
One of my faults as a human is, my response to something like this would have been, "Good idea. They'll match my fake friends."
I don't have a lot of friends obviously.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably already mentioned but it drives me nuts.

Someone who has no idea about the hobby who points out an expensive piece of equipment or fish and thinks it only cost ten or twenty bucks. Then you tell them the real cost and they say that's way too much money to spend, even though they spend tons on their hobby.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digital Aquatics documentation. I am glad to see over the years it hasn't gotten any better though, at least they are consistent on that grounds.

Coralfuture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#1 Biggest gear grinder for me is when I’m looking at livestock on the verge of death at LFS and they won’t take a dime off the price for me to take it home and try and save them.

#2 is when your looking at used equipment and people are trying to recoup 90%+ of their costs after a year or more use! I wish I could buy and sell my cars like that!

Drives me nuts!

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What really grinds my gears is when someone makes me feel like I can’t enjoy this hobby because I’m not loaded. I think I have done pretty good with my FOWLR tank despite not having an unlimited budget. Other than that I love R2R. I have always gotten great advice.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my faults as a human is, my response to something like this would have been, "Good idea. They'll match my fake friends."
I don't have a lot of friends obviously.
I've read and heard people with less 1-2 friends are generally very smart. Some people need help thinking, they seek support groups.

better to walk alone in the right direction than to follow the heard off the cliff.

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even own a “real” camera. I am excited about now having an iPhone 7 with a better camera only I don’t have my tank with me thanks to Harvey. As soon as we all get back under the same roof I will be taking lots of pictures and hope they are petter than all the other ones I have posted. Lol

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a couple for sure.

When people question why they have Corals dying and an absurd amount of algae but have no idea what their parameters are at. Or worse “perfect”. Well that’s amazing because even my home reef isn’t perfect and I put in quite a bit of money and time.

People that buy something from a disgusting poorly kept LFS/ DeathCo to try and save it... at full price.
You’re just giving those people money to continue on their bad habits.
I know you see it as saving a life but in actuality you’re just condemning more fish/ Corals to that fate.

On sale threads, if I see bryopsis, hair algae and cyano in the background I can assure you I won’t be buying diddly squat from you. If you know you have such issues take care of them before bestowing the plague upon other people. Thanks.

People that start “threat” threads saying they will expose a vendor for not responding to them over the weekend... these people have LIVES if they don’t get back to you on holidays and weekends chances are it’s because they have a family. On that note as well, if you have a negative experience with a vendor give them time to respond to you and make it right. Once you become that customer that immediately threatens to start a bash thread you’re “that guy” that they warn fellow vendors about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back