What grinds your gears? Most annoying Reefer forum behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not having the ability to ignore users such as revhtree who spam the hell out of your inbox with worthless garbage... That's a dislike and an annoying forum behavior i would say ;)

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not having the ability to ignore users such as revhtree who spam the hell out of your inbox with worthless garbage... That's a dislike and an annoying forum behavior i would say ;)
It happens like once a month..... it’s to inform you about events. No one is stopping you from leaving :)

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
When people on other forums *cough* Facebook *cough* start hassling you over a valid piece of advice you gave because your choice of word to describe something wasn’t on par with what they would use to describe that same thing. And when you try to remove yourself from the total buffoonery and delete your comments because you don’t even want to be associated with that mess they move into your DMs and harass you even more. Like, bro, I get it, you didn’t like that I used the words “a few” when I should have stated a “specific number.” (And this had something to do with helping someone get their fish to eat, and I’m pretty sure the “a few” had to due with the number of pellets). People will fight you on the dumbest things. ‍♀️♀️

FB is the wild west for idiots, keyboard warriors, people trying to make a quick buck and also the ill-informed/inexperienced. Now, plenty of us use it, and there are good folks on there that are not on r2r. That said, because of the quality moderation, decorum and overall community I much prefer r2r. I think, for some people, FB forums are a lazy opportunity for pain in the butt people to entertain themselves by hassling others and engaging in behavior that doesn't fly here.

Heck, there's even one forum that's supposed to be for alerts about scammers but instead its people slinging mud and innuendo.

So, Maddlesrain, I feel your frustration, the more groups I find myself joining on FB the more I tend to leave them.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I log in and I see 6 notifications in my inbox and I think I have friends but it's just @revhtree with his fancy contests or sweepstakes. :(

Good one. He's gonna get you for that. hahahaha

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not using a clutch, that really grinds my gears.

LOL
My friend tried showing off his new manual car and just shredded through gear changes without properly using the clutch... ended up with a nice fat mechanic bill. Oops.

I was cringing all the way until he broke down on the highway. Hahah

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
My friend tried showing off his new manual car and just shredded through gear changes without properly using the clutch... ended up with a nice fat mechanic bill. Oops.

I was cringing all the way until he broke down on the highway. Hahah

The one exception is driving a semi, other than starting no clutch needed

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This probably shouldn't bother me, but I get really annoyed when I see people who spend so much time and money making their sump and plumbing look amazing, then ignore basic fundamentals when they actually start the tank.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you are selling a piece of equipment and someone asks if the price includes shipping across the country!!!!!

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patients --> patience.

My number one pet peeve.

I do almost all my posting/reviewing via the app and have plenty of issues editing my own stuff. That being said, native English speakers ignoring basic grammar rules drives me nuts.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This probably shouldn't bother me, but I get really annoyed when I see people who spend so much time and money making their sump and plumbing look amazing, then ignore basic fundamentals when they actually start the tank.

Off of this same vein, when people base the integrity of a tank on the amount of shiny gadgets a person has. I respect tanks with all the fun bells and whistles and think they’re fun to follow, but I don’t instantly peg those builds as ‘better.’

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patients --> patience.

My number one pet peeve.

I do almost all my posting/reviewing via the app and have plenty of issues editing my own stuff. That being said, native English speakers ignoring basic grammar rules drives me nuts.

there/their/they're
your/you're
its/it's
apostrophes on plurals

Please, make it stop. Please. Just for one day.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I log in and I see 6 notifications in my inbox and I think I have friends but it's just @revhtree with his fancy contests or sweepstakes. :(
Now, now...be fair... most of the time those alerts are from me. :D

Ryan winder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that this forum is better, but sometimes I wish we really could tell them. It's so frustrating when people will make an all caps thread like "URGENT!!! SALINITY SPIKE!" and it turns out that they haven't been adding top-off water or something. Just not knowing real, basic things that are in any 5-minute "how to saltwater" video.
Maybe they are just trying to get involved and because of their limited experience these are the only types of questions they have? Conversely, I get more annoyed when someone has a simple question and someone responds with “ just google it “

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get more annoyed when someone has a simple question and someone responds with “ just google it “
That does really annoy me as well. Thankfully, at least in this community, that isn't a response that typically gets used. I love that R2R is a place where we treat each other respectfully and allow all types of questions and try to help with any of those questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back