What hosts anemones other than clownfish

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering making a anemone only (specifically BTA since they're not gonna eat fish)
This tank is gonna be only a 50g so I can only keep one pair of clown (the skunk I currently have)

What other animals host anemone porcelain crabs are an option.
 
I am considering making a anemone only (specifically BTA since they're not gonna eat fish)
This tank is gonna be only a 50g so I can only keep one pair of clown (the skunk I currently have)

What other animals host anemone porcelain crabs are an option.

There are crabs yes and shrimp too. As far as fish Clownfish and some Damsels will seek out a host anemone. No guarantee any of these will share said anemone(s)


 
Bangaii Cardinals can be hosted by anemones sometimes and also coral gobies seem to enjoy the occasional nem too :)
 
- Porcelain anemone crabs are amazing and will always seek out an empty anemone (BTAs for sure)
- Pederson's Anemone Shrimp will also do the same, but they're teeny tiny and hard to see (especially since they're very clear)
 
IMG_20170908_155537462.jpg
My Pederson for scale. He's beautiful! You NEED one!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new