What in the world is this? Alien???

Echoplex

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Messages
63
Reaction score
27
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost certain this thing was wild caught. Riddled with barnicles and now this weird thing. What is it? It popped off pretty easily, was a purple calcification with a surprise under it.

20260328_002522.jpg 20260327_235034.jpg
 
Did the purple calcification have a tube like feature? Could be a vermitid snail.
 
Did the purple calcification have a tube like feature? Could be a vermitid snail.
No this was not a vermitide snail, i think. Im not a pro by any means but I have delt with them before. They are usually in tubes correct? This was a flat round structure.
 
Crepidula sp?
 
I wonder if someone else might know, @ISpeakForTheSeas is quite knowledgeable and may be able to help
Interesting hitchhiker - I can't say what it is from the pics though. Sorry!

OP, I don't suppose you have any more pics of it from different angles?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new