What intensity do you set your lights.

James w Lewis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
247
Reaction score
101
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 4 foot reef breeder led lighting setup. Does anyone have this and what do you keep the intensity set on.
 
FWIW, it should be the corals you are keeping or planning on keeping that determines light intensity and spectrum. Also, once setting are decided they shouldn't be changed without due deliberation, everytime lighting period, intensity or spectrum is changed it's forcing corals to adjust their photobiology, the extent of the stress cause will vary and some corals won't care but some may also have a hard time adjusting.
 
When I set up my 197g (48x38x25). I'll eventually get 2x Photon V2 Pro 48". I can't imagine I'll keep the intensity of two of these above 30%. That being said, 30% is just an educated guess......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new