What is a bad TDS?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is its ok for initial.fill but do not keep adding tds tap water. As long as you dont continously add to it and you top off.with 0 tds rodi water or do wcs with 0 rodi ur good to go.
D
I am guilty of the same .
needed to fill a 230 with only 90 gals plus 25 gals of new water. .
Waiting 24 hours for another 90 gals seamed like a long time

that being said .....
I think some of the issues we all have down the road is caused by the long term effect of the initial filling process

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don't have to read the paperwork to determine where the "in" on the TDS meter is measuring, just look at where the probe is connected in the tubing. If it's after the RO and before the DI you have your answer.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess the incoming water is not zero or even single digits, the meter is reading after the RO filter and after the DI. Metal pipes, storage tank all before your house will pick up well in excess of that.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tap water often reads TDS in single digits. Problem is it doesn't always stay that way (changes a bit from season to season), and I never really know what dissolved solids are present. Not worth the risk IMO to go without RO/DI (and with high quality source water, your RO/DI filters should last a VERY long time = almost free to operate).

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is its ok for initial.fill but do not keep adding tds tap water. As long as you dont continously add to it and you top off.with 0 tds rodi water or do wcs with 0 rodi ur good to go.
D
considering I was making the RODI in my bathtub, and it was going to take days to get all the water I needed, I went with tap for the initial fill. Two other tanks went fine this way.

Bu, all water from now on, will be RODI.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back