What is a Fish That You Love but No One Talks About

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to see what is a fish that you love that people don't normally talk about that often. Maybe is rare breed of fish, or just one you are very passionate about that no one seems to really talk much about.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias!

824F9F0A-163C-4718-BE9E-54C3EE05C067.jpeg

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say the Bandit Angelfish. Such a spectacular fish.
1671633889939.png
Really does look like it has that classic robber mask on it. or the black and white stripes of a robber

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fang blennies! My striped fang blenny is one of the most interesting fish in my tank. Active, peaceful, and beautiful. Also has a cute little blenny face, though I also enjoy my grumpy-looking blennies, lol. Sleeps in the weirdest places and positions! Last night I found him floating sideways in the bottom of my frozen feeder... he legit looked dead. (Thankfully I learned this is typical behavior for him, after a few panicky moments when I thought he really had croaked!) :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fang blennies! My striped fang blenny is one of the most interesting fish in my tank. Active, peaceful, and beautiful. Also has a cute little blenny face, though I also enjoy my grumpy-looking blennies, lol. Sleeps in the weirdest places and positions! Last night I found him floating sideways in the bottom of my frozen feeder... he legit looked dead. (Thankfully I learned this is typical behavior for him, after a few panicky moments when I thought he really had croaked!) :face-with-tears-of-joy:
+1 there
My kamohara has been giving me a headache for the past few days (only likes frozen mysis) - they really are such interesting fish though.

Another one is most shrimpgobies - the only one that ever really comes up is yellow watchmans, but there’s so many other species nobody really talks about (my aurora is probably my favorite reef fish).

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 there
My kamohara has been giving me a headache for the past few days (only likes frozen mysis) - they really are such interesting fish though.

Another one is most shrimpgobies - the only one that ever really comes up is yellow watchmans, but there’s so many other species nobody really talks about (my aurora is probably my favorite reef fish).
The kamoharai are gorgeous! I really want a Meiacanthus atrodorsalis (half blue/half yellow w/ forked tail). I'm not sure if my existing blenny would get along with another though. I've had my striped guy for a long time now, and he's a pig, lol. He has just now started "taste testing" pellets. I'm trying to get my fish used to them in case I need to use an autofeeder sometime. Hope yours starts being less picky too!

Love shrimp gobies too. Thought I wanted a YWG, but then discovered the yasha and the pink bar...

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going with two for two different reasons:
E03A6B43-8452-4FE0-9258-21D2F0FE24C5.jpeg

Court Jester goby is such a beautiful and fun fish that is never talked about despite being common.

C2A8BF0C-1E56-4261-90AC-2BD541057BDA.jpeg

Than my false sea snake aka the banded snake eel. Which is never talked about because it is not at all common.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going with two for two different reasons:
E03A6B43-8452-4FE0-9258-21D2F0FE24C5.jpeg

Court Jester goby is such a beautiful and fun fish that is never talked about despite being common.

C2A8BF0C-1E56-4261-90AC-2BD541057BDA.jpeg

Than my false sea snake aka the banded snake eel. Which is never talked about because it is not at all common.
That's a really awesome eel you have!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 there

Do you have any pictures of your Kamohara? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back