What is everyones feeding routine?

Aere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I feed 3 times a day. Usually a light feeding in morning. A bigger healthy frozen dinner which I soak in garlic and selcon, then a pellet or flake snack before bed.

Is feeding them frozen soaked in garlic and selcon everyday ok? Or should the garlic and stuff be spread out more?

Just curious what the current trend is. Thanks!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I feed 3 times a day. Usually a light feeding in morning. A bigger healthy frozen dinner which I soak in garlic and selcon, then a pellet or flake snack before bed.

Is feeding them frozen soaked in garlic and selcon everyday ok? Or should the garlic and stuff be spread out more?

Just curious what the current trend is. Thanks!
Your method seems great to me. I feed nori in the morning and rotate between frozen and flake at night. I have an auto feeder that feeds pellets during the day. When I‘m traveling then the pellets are all they get.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 times a day:

Morning: Some random frozen food (I have 5-6 to choose from like eggs, blended, rod's, or calanus) and some Amino Acids.
Lunch: 3 times a week, I use an auto feeder to feed some Neptune AFS food
Night: Some random frozen food mixed with some random dry food (calanus, mysis, golden larvae, paraccocus, etc) and usually mix some Selcon in with it.

Every couple days, I throw a sheet of Nori on a clip also. And twice a week, I dose reef chili.

Finally, dose AB+ every night too.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily: Frozen mixture (LRS, krill, spirulina brine, clams, calanus, mysis, Selcon, chopped nori and Reef Roids) in the morning. They then get pellets (Hikari Marine S and Seaweed Extreme) from a Eheim auto-feeder mid-afternoon and evening. Mon/Wed/Fri I put a sheet of nori in a feeder for the tangs and angel. I also dose oyster eggs, phytofeast, and Benereef a couple of times a week after lights out for the corals.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed morning and evening but I don't use any additives. I think garlic has fallen out of favor for the most part. I use high quality frozen foods so I don't worry about Selcon or similar products.

When I had anthias, I did pellets using an auto feeder for 2 mid day feedings.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to develop a schedule as I feel like I have no idea how much to feed lol , I have 2 clowns, 1 Spanish hoggish , 1 orchid dottyback, 1 splendid dottyback, 1 yellowtail blue damsel and a scooter Blenny plus CUC. I’m currently doing one square of mysis shrimp and some pellets daily (40gal) any recommendations should I be feeding more or less? I also add a sheet of nori randomly for the CUC

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back