What is Going In With My Tank?

BostonReefer300

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hm okay. Are there any trusted sites online with safe liverock you'd recommend in case the liverock at the LFS is contaminated?

And I will certainly look into a protein skimmer now. I wasn't sure if it was necessary at this early of a time because I'd have so few fish in it anyways.

Thinking this?

Something like this seem good for my size tank?
I've heard good things about that brand, but I haven't been in the market for a skimmer in a long time. I'd encourage you to start a new post asking for skimmer suggestions. You have about 150G gross system volume. Therefore you'll want a skimmer rated for a little over that. However, you don't want to way over shoot with a skimmer either. My guess is that you want one rated for 200G, but I'm not sure. You can ask all these questions in a new post.

AS
OP
Cetus

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Also, sorry I don't know about live rock vendors. That's another good subject for a new thread
Thanks! I'll be updating this page soon as my TRITON Test kit is coming in tomorrow so maybe we'll find out if its heavy metals or whatnot. Regardless I'll be taking your advice. Thanks for all the assistance!

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 185 40.5%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 41 9.0%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 203 44.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.3%
Top Shelf Aquatics