• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

What is going on in this industry ? Now ICP Analysis ?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,,, this sounds way sketchy to me.
Fauna Marin "Reef ICP" (basic) that cost me $24.95 with free shipping for 37 parameters is looking pretty good right now.
*major pain to find and purchase that (mid-level) kit on their German website but the results display is nice and navigable with consolidated PDF easy to find

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their website is very clear. They offer different tests at different prices. There is a 13-element test and then the full test. If you buy the full test, you get everything and nothing more to buy. If you buy the 13-element test, they allow you to upgrade it later instead of buying another full test to get those elements. That seems pretty fair from my point of view.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous post was looking at the full test which shows all the tests

1695403119579.png

Its possible the OP bought the starter kit as others stated above?

1695403215246.png

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their website is very clear. They offer different tests at different prices. There is a 13-element test and then the full test. If you buy the full test, you get everything and nothing more to buy. If you buy the 13-element test, they allow you to upgrade it later instead of buying another full test to get those elements. That seems pretty fair from my point of view.
Sounds like you work for them ;)

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous post was looking at the full test which shows all the tests

1695403119579.png

Its possible the OP bought the starter kit as others stated above?

1695403215246.png

Everyone raving about this being illegal and swearing off the company over nothing....

Either the system glitched and was an honest mistake that they will correct if OP just bothers to take the time to inquire with them before running off to the internet to make a fuss or OP bought this starter kit without realizing the difference. This starter kit CLEARLY says in the description that it only tests 13 elements and you have to pay to unlock the rest.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently sent an ICP sample to ICP analysis and its bad enough I paid $24 for the kit, and another $4.20 for postage and I get me results back and they send me the results showing on 5 results and offering to give me the rest if I pay $7.99 ???
Are they serious?? In the past, I got email results and they showed/allowed you to open every square for analysis and described why you have the numbers shown - now the boxes are grayed out Until you Pay up.
This is ridiculous, theft and they have lost a customer for life. Why would they think someone would buy a kit, send a sample foe analysis and spend additional money for a " Reveal" ???
I have heard of other companies charging for subscription to use equipment you have bought from them.

Is this where we are Headed?

1695396290083.png

1695396296541.png
I had a popup add telling me that my computer was infected,blah, blah,bulsy
And they said I should call them (“Microsoft support”) and so I did.

Really nice person with a foreign accent was eager to help me out so I hung up and rebooted the computer and I do blame Microsoft and their confiscatory business model for how other businesses are working today.

Edit: trash talk deleted because it won’t make a difference

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys should sign up for my ICP Test. I offer Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium test for only $14.95. If you sign up for a monthly subscription, I'll even throw in nitrate & phosphate tests...and a few fist pumps!!! Act now while supplies last!!! Offer expires in 24-hours! :p

Honestly, I don't care about ICP tests - never done one in my life actually. I bought one (out of curiosity) and it's still sitting on the shelf. One of these days, I'll send it in -- hopefully it's still valid after 6+ months.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently sent an ICP sample to ICP analysis and its bad enough I paid $24 for the kit, and another $4.20 for postage and I get me results back and they send me the results showing on 5 results and offering to give me the rest if I pay $7.99 ???
Are they serious?? In the past, I got email results and they showed/allowed you to open every square for analysis and described why you have the numbers shown - now the boxes are grayed out Until you Pay up.
This is ridiculous, theft and they have lost a customer for life. Why would they think someone would buy a kit, send a sample foe analysis and spend additional money for a " Reveal" ???
I have heard of other companies charging for subscription to use equipment you have bought from them.

1695396290083.png

1695396296541.png
looks like every cell phone game or app I have, it's a teaser, the 24$ was just to get you in the door lol!!

yes this is where we are, not headed :(

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a popup add telling me that my computer was infected,blah, blah,bulsy
And they said I should call them (“Microsoft support”) and so I did.

Really nice person with a foreign accent was eager to help me out so I hung up and rebooted the computer and I do blame Microsoft and their confiscatory business model for how other businesses are working today.

Edit: trash talk deleted because it won’t make a difference
Isn’t the whole post kinda back handed trash talk? :cool::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone raving about this being illegal and swearing off the company over nothing....
If you read my post, there was no raving and I certainly qualified my comments pending their response and what was actually purchased.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After thinking about it this sounds like one of the free test that were handed out at RAP that you could upgrade for $8.
Yeah. OP either bought the cheaper version or got the promo/free one. Too bad he has to come and malign the company for his own mistake...

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1695396290083.png

1695396296541.png
Thankfully drip pricing is illegal here.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defending this sort of business practice is why this sort of thing will continue. They likely already ran the tests and took a chance on selling the extra info. Proving that it doesn’t make a difference to cost in the long run. There is no mix up. Shady business is shady business.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back