What is my anemone

chrisc18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an anemone the other day, it was sold as an Atlantic anemone however the guy said it was a sebae. However I know condys are usually sold as atlantics so a bit confused can anyone tell me what it is?

IMG_0810.jpeg

OP
OP
chrisc18

chrisc18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a sebea to me a little guy but looks healthy
Thanks, this is what I wanted, however I don’t think snowflake clowns will host in it like the guy told me they would. Tbh really don’t trust my LFS now as they told me to glue it when it wouldn’t settle in place a couple days ago!

Serves me right for buying it on a whim as I thought it looked cool.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, this is what I wanted, however I don’t think snowflake clowns will host in it like the guy told me they would. Tbh really don’t trust my LFS now as they told me to glue it when it wouldn’t settle in place a couple days ago!

I’m not great at identifying anemones yet since they change shape/ color so much lol but if it helps, my condy is hosting 2 clowns, and they’re not supposed to! :D Maybe yours will too!

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are really dumb. They’ll use the strangest things as a host. GSP, frog spawn,… nearly anything and sometimes nothing. I had a pair that had several different types of nems and euphillia to be hosted in and they chose to swim around just throughout the water column.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beg to differ. Nature is never dumb. If there is a dumb part here is the reefer who does not know how to provide for his charges.
So many artificially spawned clownfish are unnatural and many of them have never been with any anemone, which is the thing a reefer needs to introduce properly for many clownfishes these days.

BionicReef73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't! Glue it ,that will kill it let it find its own home and clowns will reside in it in time they will try to have anything host them that remotely resembles a nem. Trust me 2 of mine are in love with my elegance coral and hammers.

BionicReef73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't! Glue it ,that will kill it let it find its own home and clowns will reside in it in time they will try to have anything host them that remotely resembles a nem. Trust me 2 of mine are in love with my elegance coral and hammers.

Attachments

• 20230604_104204.jpg
    20230604_104204.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 16

BionicReef73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also sebae's like attaching to the tank bottom rather than rocks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back