What is my clam doing?

D. Torres

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
122
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this clam for about 4 months and I don't know if I just never noticed it doing this but today I noticed it was expelling some sort of milky/cloudy substance. I got a video of it doing it which is linked here in a YouTube video. Is this normal or something I should be concerned with? Thank you for your time.


 
My maxima did something similar, believe it was a spawning session. Nothing came of it [emoji6]



A.
 
I might also expelling zooxanthellae under stress.
 
It also could just be pooping... clams do have a digestive tract. I would be throwing my poop at that Urchin if it was that big and got that close to me. It totally could be eggs and sperm, as well... this happens a lot in captivity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new