What is my demsel trying to do?

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my demsel is showing aggression or just try to be friendly?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to know what is it doing. I had also seen this when it was with a selfin tang..

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if I can help but I don’t see any abnormal behavior. Could you describe the behavior your posting about and maybe I can look again and see it. I’ve never kept preditory fish before but I wouldn’t think you could keep a damsel with a lion fish, it would think it would become food. Perhaps the stress from the lion fish is causing the behavior.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I really want to know what is it doing. I had also seen this when it was with a selfin tang..
They do yest fish before they antagonize them but this is a slow motion type of behavior

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if I can help but I don’t see any abnormal behavior. Could you describe the behavior your posting about and maybe I can look again and see it. I’ve never kept preditory fish before but I wouldn’t think you could keep a damsel with a lion fish, it would think it would become food. Perhaps the stress from the lion fish is causing the behavior.
My lion is very peaceful. This demselfish is hitting it with a tail, goes slowly to it and suddenly hit it with tail

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want demsel to be food,lol it is such a devil but i don't think it will be a food so easily

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lion is very peaceful. This demselfish is hitting it with a tail, goes slowly to it and suddenly hit it with tail
Sorry, like I said I don’t have experience with those type of fish. My damsel swishes his tail in the sand, kicking up a sand storm, in a piece of real estate that it has claimed, perhaps your damsel is trying to shoo the lion fish from it’s territory?

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, like I said I don’t have experience with those type of fish. My damsel swishes his tail in the sand, kicking up a sand storm, in a piece of real estate that it has claimed, perhaps your damsel is trying to shoo the lion fish from it’s territory?
Whole tank is its territory lol

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was living with the tang so I think it is thinking that it is itself a tang. Mine also does that when living with tang. I also think it has killed your old selfin tang

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was living with the tang so I think it is thinking that it is itself a tang. Mine also does that when living with tang. I also think it has killed your old selfin tang
I also doubt that it had killed it. Actually this demsel had teached it to use tail as weapon. When I bought that tang, it was very small and at that time I had to placed this demsel in separate tank as I knew it will show aggression. After 3 days I added it back and then I seen some fight and then they start doing that weird behavior. It seem like my tang was loving that behavior.. my fish seller also don't knew why they were doing that.. they always stay in one corner and demsel seem to hit it with its tail but tang seems to enjoy that (turns white in colour).

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I am sure my lionfish is not loving that:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: .
I also doubt that it had killed it. Actually this demsel had teached it to use tail as weapon. When I bought that tang, it was very small and at that time I had to placed this demsel in separate tank as I knew it will show aggression. After 3 days I added it back and then I seen some fight and then they start doing that weird behavior. It seem like my tang was loving that behavior.. my fish seller also don't knew why they were doing that.. they always stay in one corner and demsel seem to hit it with its tail but tang seems to enjoy that (turns white in colour).

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that seems to be very rare. I never seen that. I have kept many tangs and demsel together but never seen it... Interesting

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back