What is on my Candy Cane?

Blessed Tank

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
49
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a fresh water dip today with my candy cane coral, and I don’t know what is on it. I appreciate if someone would identify what it is.
 
Here is a before fresh water dip picture

04ED5712-8ADF-47E0-A460-D8E3CEC6A98B.jpeg
 
Here is a after fresh water dip picture
AD0ECE01-45CB-4ACD-8236-EA7A19CA3CD1.jpeg
 
The pink thin string things changed from brown to pink after the fresh water dip.
 
Need a different angle. many possibilities. . . see possible majano and vermetid but undetermined ???
 
Here is a better picture

EDF44CC8-BBD7-431B-B2EC-ED86BD992BD3.jpeg
 
Looks like sponge or fungi
 
Thanks. Is the fresh water dip good enough to kill Vermitted snails? Also is the red foraminiferan bad?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new