What is wrong with my candy cane coral?

FishballsAquatics

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6066.jpeg
What is wrong with my candy cane coral?
 
There is a Vermitid on the skeletal base? Snipe it off, I use needle nose pliers. Than I superglue to cover the spot.
 
There is a Vermitid on the skeletal base? Snipe it off, I use needle nose pliers. Than I superglue to cover the spot.
I dont see a Vermitid snail on the base. The base does have deep holes in it and the coral itself is receding
 
Corals recede for many reasons. To trouble shoot the issue consider posting specific values for alk, calcium, specific gravity and nitrates.
Tank age and specific lighting brand should be considered as well.
Basically it's all speculation without more information.

Welcome to R2R.

🙂
 
was it healthy previously?

without knowing more about your system and parameters, make sure the candy isn't getting blasted by super intense light or direct flow, both of those will cause recession.
 
How high up is it in your rock work? In my experience candy canes like to be in the sandbed & away from the flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new