What is something you did to your tank to improve it?

Sajan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introducing a well-balanced and diverse group of live plants not only enhanced the aesthetics of my tank but also significantly improved water quality and created a more natural and harmonious ecosystem for the livestock.

Estonian Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using natural sea water from the North sea which is about 33pt and add artificial branded salt to it to bring the salinity up to 35ppt. Noticed pretty big difference in a good way with corals. Makes me wonder if it's all the phytoplankton,micro organisms and bacteria that comes with the fresh natural sea water?

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dying here where is it?! XD

If you want to buy it internationally to the US. You need to talk to him through ebay messages first and then pay him through Venmo. And he’s legit with his orders not a scam. He 3D prints them 2-3 days then ships. Let him know about me and he should get you in.

NoFeedback

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a live sand refugium years ago and that really stabilized the system, at the time. I have heard they are problematic, long term, so I may remove it when I move the tank.

nursingcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping less fish in my tank has worked well for me. In earlier tanks, I was guilty of overstocking with fish, and my tanks suffered. Even though my current tank is my largest, I have the least amount of fish, and they all have been living quite well. I've also lowered my light intensity, and that seems to have helped reduce algae.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Most recently? Probably replacing my ro/di system with something more robust. For many years I used a cheap 6 stage unit from eBay. A few months ago I upgraded to a 7 stage "pro" system from BRS and integrated a booster pump. Now I can make up water far faster and my filters and DI resin last a lot longer.

All of the things we do to better our systems are irrelevant without starting with good source water first and foremost.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back