What is the All For Reef liquid equivalent to max saturation kalk (Limewater)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water changes short of 100% daily cannot maintain levels that are present in the salt mix, especially for rapidly depleting ions. Whether that is needed or not is a different question. :)

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain more on why this is the case? I have a 15gal cube and I dose AFR and reef ab+. However, I also do a 30% water change every month
Because dosing in such a small volume increases the risk of negative effects if you overdose. A water change has almost no risk if you match salinity. The parameters are controlled.

I have 110 and 275G. I dose based on frequent testing and monitoring, and long term testing, then dosing specific amounts.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because dosing in such a small volume increases the risk of negative effects if you overdose. A water change has almost no risk if you match salinity. The parameters are controlled.

I have 110 and 275G. I dose based on frequent testing and monitoring, and long term testing, then dosing specific amounts.

Why is overdosing a small volume more likely than overdosing a larger volume? If you use a 1 mL syringe to dose 1 mL, overdosing seems no more likely than overdosing 100 mL when using a 100 mL container.

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is overdosing a small volume more likely than overdosing a larger volume? If you use a 1 mL syringe to dose 1 mL, overdosing seems no more likely than overdosing 100 mL when using a 100 mL container.
Knowing some reefers, especially those starting out in the hobby with small tanks, they don't know what they're doing in many cases. That's when they show up in forums like this in a panic.

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should add, I do and have done water changes weekly, as much as 50% when I am vacuuming the bottom thuroughly. This was still not enough to keep alk and cal where I wanted them, hence the Kalk I was adding to the ATO. I ended up starting All For Reef at 3mL a day (recommended starting dose per the bottle). We will see how it goes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back