What is the cheapest website to buy sw fish from but quarantined, healthy, etc.?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good success with the divers den part of live aquaria, but it’s been several years since I’ve ordered from them. I got a bonded pair of clowns from a company in California, https://www.arsclownfish.com. They’re doing great. Also got a few fish from bluezooaquatics.com that came in healthy. Also recently ordered from a recommended place in NY, they forgot to pack 3 fish in the box and a tang died before nightfall. They charged a fortune for shipping, totally wasn’t worth it.
I thought I read somewhere on bluezooaquatics website that they qt for a certain amount of time. Not sure how long but do you know if this is correct? I'll try and find where I read that..

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluezooaquatics has this posted on their site:

Health of Marine Life:

Our curators personally select only the healthiest livestock which are then treated in our medicated quarantine system to remove parasites and reduce stress. Strict husbandry procedures are followed at all times to ensure optimum health of our livestock.

They have good prices too

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking at live aquaria but heard people complaining their fish are always sick and always gotta be quarantined, bought a few from them a year ago and the trigger just died, 2 others were sick, the other one had ich, what is the best cheapest site to buy fish from? Healthy and quarantined preferred... usa
"Cheapest" and "quarantined" do not go together.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Health of Marine Life:

Our curators personally select only the healthiest livestock which are then treated in our medicated quarantine system to remove parasites and reduce stress. Strict husbandry procedures are followed at all times to ensure optimum health of our livestock.

Translated-- Dip new fish and then put in clean maintained tanks and fed:)

MaxM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarantined?
With Dr Reef you can choose quarantined or just conditioned. He also takes requests for fish you want. His prices are fair but probably not as cheap as you could get if you shop around. Well work it to get healthy fish.

surlytx

Reefing Smarter, Not Harder (For Retirement)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Dr Reef you can choose quarantined or just conditioned. He also takes requests for fish you want. His prices are fair but probably not as cheap as you could get if you shop around. Well work it to get healthy fish.

I ordered QT Mexican barnacle blennies from Dr. Reef. It took a while for locating and QTing the fish. They are due to be shipped at the end of this month. Can't wait to get them.

MaxM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered QT Mexican barnacle blennies from Dr. Reef. It took a while for locating and QTing the fish. They are due to be shipped at the end of this month. Can't wait to get them.
I did the same with my wish fish, a spotted coral croucher I couldn't find anywhere.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those little guys! You should definitely share pics when you get them.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking at live aquaria but heard people complaining their fish are always sick and always gotta be quarantined, bought a few from them a year ago and the trigger just died, 2 others were sick, the other one had ich, what is the best cheapest site to buy fish from? Healthy and quarantined preferred... usa
I don't buy any of my fish from the Live Aquaria holding facility in L.A, but I routinely buy Divers Den fish from their Wisconsin facility, and have never had a problem. As in I have literally never lost a Divers Den fish, and I've probably purchased 20 of them.

They come in consistently healthy and disease free. Granted, I do quarantine ALL new fish for 30 days, but if you're looking for somewhat reasonable prices on healthy fish, that would be my choice. TSM is good too, but more expensive and with a much higher spend requirement for free shipping.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Health of Marine Life:

They may have good quarantine procedures, but it's their financial end of things I worry about. I ordered from them 2-3x now and each time after my initial charge from them, but card number was stolen and being used all over california. I reported it and they said all was well so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It happened again. Finally the third time I used a virtual card number on either paypal or my apple card and immediately changed or deactivated it once the payment cleared. This time... notifications that someone was trying to use the card number. Buyer Beware!!

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may have good quarantine procedures, but it's their financial end of things I worry about. I ordered from them 2-3x now and each time after my initial charge from them, but card number was stolen and being used all over california. I reported it and they said all was well so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It happened again. Finally the third time I used a virtual card number on either paypal or my apple card and immediately changed or deactivated it once the payment cleared. This time... notifications that someone was trying to use the card number. Buyer Beware!!
Thanks for sharing - I've been thinking of possibly ordering some coral from them and if I do I'll make sure to use paypal.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back